Monday, 9 May 2011
Since qualifying as a costume designer I have undertaken several commissions this being the latest for Angela a bride whos' getting married on 14th May 2011. I have made the necklace base with 3 strand of 1.2mm wire shaped around a biscuit tin into a circle. I have then added wire strands, wrapping glass pearls and crystals along. I have made the leaves by placing 18 size 11 beads on a wire bringing it into a circle and and securing by wrapping the 2 lengths of wire around each other and shaping it into a leaf . The colours where chosen as they match the detail and leaves in Angela's dress. I really enjoyed this project even though it took hours to finish. As you can see I made a matching comb for her hair and I also made her matching earrings. For her bridesmaids I made 2 stranded pearl and crystal necklaces on tigertail with earrings to match.